Hittin the Slopes

Baltimore.com
Baltimore.com

Baltimore.com

Baltimore.com

Corinne Kearney, Editor in Chief

Winter may bring sickness, overcast skies, and dry skin, but there is definitely one thing to look forward to– We are just a few weeks away from shredding season and the skiers and snowboarders couldn’t be more excited. Ski club is starting up after the winter break on January 11th. The members are counting down the days!

I look forward to shredding at ski club all year!”

— Leanne Harris

The group will be traveling to Liberty Mountain on Thursdays throughout the winter. The mountain features 16 different ski and snowboarding trails of all different skill levels. It is only a 45 minute drive from the school which is very convenient.

Ski club had been a yearly tradition at South Carroll. Mr. Joseph is the advisor and participates in the trips alongside along students and even staff. Mr. Steadman enjoys ski club because he loves to snowboard. He has been snowboarding for fifteen years and has been a ski club member for five. His coolest trick is a single 360 degree spin!

Ski club plans to have five trips this year, January 11th, January 18th, January 25, February 1, and February 8th. Transportation is provided, and they even gave an option to purchase ski club passes for family and friends.

Even if you’re not a ski club member, you can still drive up to see your friends on Thursday nights from 4-9:30p.m. So start thinking about the start of the season everyone, and don’t forget your helmets!