Football Senior Night

Corinne Kearney, Editor in Chief

Tonight, the Cavaliers will be taking on the Westminster Owls at Parker’s Field. It will be both the last game of the season and senior night for the boys. Show out at 7:00 to support the Cavs!

Unfortunately, we will be saying goodbye to Jordan Blackman, Aiden Burkhardt, Austin Clevenger, Cody Combs, James Dytrt, Nathan Gallagher, Aaron Moore, Casey Murray, Ryan Oden, Duncan Pecar, DeAndre Thomas, Nick Watson. Also, goodbye to the senior captains Cole Evans, Dylan Wilson, Jacob Snell, and Matthew Gamble.

Pullquote Photo

I’m going to miss all the seniors. I’m best friends with all of them!”

— Mason Gavin

Steve Luette has been coaching for — years and says that it is always sad to see the seniors go since her has been coaching them for so long. This has been a tough season for the boys, but they always remain positive.

Overall, most of the seniors can agree that they are sad to be ending this season. “I’m very sad, but hopefully we have a good game tonight.” says Dylan Wilson. The season isn’t over yet, they still have one game left.

The seniors have all been playing most of their childhoods. The boys range between 6-12 years on their recreational and high school sports teams.

Pullquote Photo

My favorite memory was beating Manchester Valley because it was the Raven’s RISE game.”

— Cole Evans

They will also carry on their fond memories of football long after this season has completed. Many will remember winning the 50th anniversary football game against Southern High School. Others will remember the little moments. “My favorite memory is the time we got pizza when Seth caught two punts at practice.” Recalls Jacob Snell.

They also have final words for the underclassmen:

“Work hard in the off season.” -Ryan Oden and Matthew Gamble

“Hydrate before 11 mats.” -Nathan Gallagher

“Get in the weight room.” -Cole Evans

Good luck to the seniors and the rest of the players tonight!