• December 14Ugly Sweater day - Friday Dec 21st

• December 14Winter break begins on 12/22.

• November 7Senior write-ups are due by Dec 16! This is the final date!

Meet the New Staff at SC!

Faith Hawkins, Author

This year we have a decent number of new friendly faces in the building. Our school has gained 6 new amazing teachers to SCHS staff. So lets get to know them a little bit!

The first staff member is a new addition to English department. He really couldn’t get enough of SCHS considering he graduated from here. This is Mr. Brown.

What do you like about this school so far? “The other staff members are really friendly.”

How is this compared to your previous job or school? “My last school was very diverse and was a larger population. Things run a lot more smoothly here.”

What are some perks of this school? “It is a pretty good community, nobody is a stranger.”

The next new staff member can be found in the business department. Her name is Ms. Amayal.

What do you like about this school so far? “The support of the teachers.”

How is this compared to your previous job or school? ” The students are on a different level compared to college.” 

What are some perks of this school? “The sense of everyone being one body. Also, the support that administration tries to give to students.” 

The science department have three new teachers this year, Ms. Johnson, Ms. Shami, and Ms. Fabula.

First, we will start with Ms. Shami (on the left),

What do you like about this school so far? “Lots of support from staff and administration”

How is this compared to your previous job or school? “A lot more recourses”

Next, we will talk about Ms. Johnson (middle),

What do you like about this school so far? “Everyone is very pleasant”

How is this compared to your previous job or school? “So much better!”

Last but  most certainly not least! Ms. Fabula(right).

What do you like about this school so far? “The enthusiasm of the kids” 

How is this compared to your previous job or school? “There’s more of a community.”

All the new science teachers for the third question: What are some perks of this school? said the science department.

So, if you see any of these new teachers around the hallway make sure to say hi and give them a friendly welcoming to SCHS.

Faith Hawkins, Author

Hi, my name is Faith Hawkins. I'm a senior at South Carroll High School. I Have played field Hockey and tennis since my Freshman year. This is my first...