• December 14Ugly Sweater day - Friday Dec 21st

• December 14Winter break begins on 12/22.

• November 7Senior write-ups are due by Dec 16! This is the final date!

Benefits of Meditation for Students

Image result for meditation stock photo

Students are one of the most stressed groups of people. Meditation is a way for students (or anyone) to take some quiet time to them to relax and focus on breathing.

(1) Better Focus.

Meditation is designed to clear and relax your mind. It makes sure that you are not thinking about a million things at once. This makes it easier to focus because you will only be thinking about what you’re doing in that present moment.

(2) Decreased Stress.

It’s healthy to have a reasonable sense of urgency to get things done, but having stress to the point of crying or excessive anxiety is not healthy at all. Meditation helps to clear your mind and give you reassurance that everything will work out.

(3) Increased happiness and confidence.

Practicing meditation will make you happier because you realize that life is a series of ups and downs, but everything will be okay in the end. You realize that you are in control of your life and you are being led on a path of success. When you meditate regularly, you are reassuring yourself of these things.

(4) Better sleep.

We all have very busy lives. We will have a super busy day of doing things constantly and then just try to go to sleep and wonder why it can be so hard at times to actually fall asleep. Meditating puts you into a state of relaxation. When you feel relaxed and at ease, it makes sleeping easier. Because when you meditate, you empty your mind of all of your worries and just focus on breathing deeply and evenly. If you meditate for a few minutes right before sleeping, you are just transitioning from one state of relaxation to another.

(5) More positive outlook.

The practice of meditation helps us to see the bright side of things. All of the benefits of meditation will make us happier people, which will cause us to see things in a more positive way.