• November 7Senior write-ups are due Nov 21st!

Annual NHS Trunk or Treat!

Faith Hawkins, Author

On October 29th,South Carroll hosted their 5th trunk or treat for kids 13-under. This event is put on by the National Honor Society club here at South Carroll. Students in NHS create themed trunks for them to sit in while they hand out candy to the children who attend trunk or treat. There was a great turnout with lots of kids in costumes, and the trunks were very creative and well done. For members this is an event to look forward to, they’re able to meet kids in the community and really show some creativity.

Here’s some trunks that students made:

This trunk and the ghost you see below are Seniors Nick Simoncini and Ryan Frager who really got in the spooky spirit and covered their whole trunk in spiderwebs. They also pull off the sheet ghost look very well!

Next trunk is juniors Paiton and Paige Abbot and Kristen Gruber’s Winnie the pooh themed trunk. They dressed up as the characters Tigger, Pooh, and Piglet. Their trunk was made into beehive since we all know Pooh’s  favorite snack is honey!Seniors Grace Fipps and Jenna McDermott go for the classic Mickey Mouse theme but instead of just decorating the inside of the trunk the car basically turned into Mickey himself. The kids loved seeing Mickey mouse come to life with this amazing idea.

The last trunk Seniors Lilly Cooper, Faith Hawkins, Jordan Cooper, And Sarah Langille created Christmas in October. Lilly dressed up as Santa and reminded all the kids to not be naughty this year. It might not have been spooky but it was sure jolly ole fun.

Trunk or Treat is a great way to get involved within the community. The kids and parents love this event for the friendly environment and exciting activities. If you didn’t attend this year, I encourage you to come out next year and support your NHS!

Faith Hawkins, Author

Hi, my name is Faith Hawkins. I'm a senior at South Carroll High School. I Have played field Hockey and tennis since my Freshman year. This is my first...