• December 14Ugly Sweater day - Friday Dec 21st

• December 14Winter break begins on 12/22.

• November 7Senior write-ups are due by Dec 16! This is the final date!

Veterans’ Day Breakfast 2018

Jasmine Adetunji, Author

Staff and students came together to set up the Veterans’ Day Breakfast at South Carroll in order to commemorate and recognize our local veterans.

Student leaders such as Dave Rapids, Jasmine Adetunji, Patrick Mombay and Sofia Brandani greeted the veterans to South Carroll with a handshake and expressions of gratitude for their service. The letters that students wrote in advisory as well as pictures of some of out veterans were displayed on bulletin board in the Media Center and dispersed throughout the dining tables.

Jasmine Adetunji began the event by welcoming the veterans to the school, thanking them for their service, and leading the Pledge of Allegiance. Vocal and jazz ensembles followed, touching the hearts of many veterans with patriotic songs. A few outstanding veterans were recognized, one being Melina Meraklis’s grandfather who recently turned 103 years old!

Towards the end of the breakfast, students from South Carroll’s history classes came down to the Media Center and talked to the veterans about their experiences. Students were able to learn many different things about the stories of our veterans first-handedly.

We are very appreciative of all of our veterans and all that they have done for us. If it weren’t for them, who knows where the state of our country would be? South Carroll expressed its gratitude by hosting a great deal of our local veterans in the annual Veterans’ Day Breakfast. An interesting fact about this year’s Veterans’ Day is that it also shared the 100 year anniversary of World War I. We also keep all of the veterans who served in this war in our hearts, forever grateful for them.

Image result for happy veterans day

Jasmine Adetunji, Author

Hey, my name is Jasmine Adetunji!
I'm a senior here at South Carroll High School. This is my first year on the newspaper staff and I am an...