• December 14Ugly Sweater day - Friday Dec 21st

• December 14Winter break begins on 12/22.

• November 7Senior write-ups are due by Dec 16! This is the final date!

Marvel Musicians: Meet the SCHS Full Orchestra

Back to Article
Back to Article

Deana Brown, Author

Students who have a passion for music join together after school from 2:40 to 4:00 pm.  They push themselves forward to be able to accomplish the challenging medleys given to them.  People of the wind ensemble and orchestra are chosen to be in full orchestra.  But, with how little of people were chosen, some students from Westminster High were asked to join and play with the ensemble.  They haven’t gotten to look over the music as much as the students of SC, but, they have come a long way and are doing very well.

Why did you choose this arrangement? “I wrote this arrangement for the full orchestra to show everyone how under appreciated Marvel Studios Music is.  Most of their themes minus the iconic Avengers theme have been pretty much forgotten, but for me, they live on forever.  I decided to show the people of South Carroll the themes that mean the most to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole.”  Are you happy with the pace that the orchestra is going at?  Will they be ready for the concert?  “I am happy with how the orchestra is shaping up to be, and I feel very confident in our concert.”

The students in Ms. Fritts’ Graphic Communications class are making posters for the full orchestra concert.  The posters are representations of each song that the orchestra will be playing in the medley.  The songs include the “Marvel Studios Fanfare,” “Captain America March,” “Can You Dig It? (The Iron-Man 3 Theme),” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Ant-Man Theme,” “Civil War,”  “Doctor Strange Theme,” “Vultures Theme (Spider-Man Homecoming),” “The Avengers Theme,” “Heroes (Avengers: Age of Ultron),” “Even for you (Avengers Infinity War),” and “Porch (Avengers: Infinity War).”  Everyone loves super heroes and protagonists such as Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Captain America, and Thor are some of the most beloved by Marvel Studios’ fans.

Deana Brown, Author

My name is Deana Brown and I am sixteen years old.  My passions include piano, flute, reading, movies, marching band, and writing.  I have been very...