• December 14Ugly Sweater day - Friday Dec 21st

• December 14Winter break begins on 12/22.

• November 7Senior write-ups are due by Dec 16! This is the final date!

South Carroll Parent Center

Faith Hawkins, Author

Here at South Carroll, we have something that many students may not know about, the Educators Rising club runs a parent center. The parent center takes place in the Lil’ Cavs Preschool in the building. The purpose of the parent center is to let children interact with other kids before or during their preschool years. It also guides parents to play with their kids in “productive play”, which means kids play beneficially to development. The Parent center is very helpful for the student teachers as well because before going into the preschool lab, or internship, the Child development students get first hand experience in a classroom. Parents pay $5 per family to attend the parent canter. Students that run the Parent Center make actual lesson plans for the students complete. This consist of art activities, songs, letter recognition, and free play.

So, we asked students in Educators Rising about their expiernece while running The Parent Center:

Faith Hawkins a third year member of Educators Rising and President explains her Experience, “The Parent Center has really help me find what I want to do when i’m older. I have a passion for kids and the parent center made that easy for me to figure out.”

Emma Eckert also a third year member says, “The Parent center is a fun way to get involved with kids on a one to one basis since the class size is smaller. Plus you score a lot of baby sitting gigs.”

The next date for the center is December 6th, 2018 from 2:30- 4:00 for ages 1-5 so bring your cousins or siblings and see what its all about. If you would like to join the club and run the center along side an intern see Mrs. Fiora.

Faith Hawkins, Author

Hi, my name is Faith Hawkins. I'm a senior at South Carroll High School. I Have played field Hockey and tennis since my Freshman year. This is my first...