Educators Rising School Supply Drive

Faith Hawkins, Author

The Educators Rising Club is running a school wide school supply drive. The club got the idea from an advisory lesson that was completed last year. The advisory lesson was about supporting your community when in need and students were informed about a school that was completely destroyed by a storm and lost almost all materials. The school due to the lack of materials began a school supply drive of their own. Since the club is all about providing education for students, they believe that to have a proper learning opportunity you must have materials.

It seems as if every year the school supply list for students grow more and more. That’d being said students that come from low income families may not be able to be provided with proper materials and may suffer. Here at south Carroll we have a supply pantry where students canget materials for their classes. As the years go on the donations have decreased is donated, which means less kids are supplied throughout the school.

The School supply drive starts on January 7th and ends on January 31st, they will be collecting spiral notebooks, glue sticks, graph paper, colored pencils, markers, pink erasers, and notebook paper – college and wide ruled. If you donate items you can place them in the box in your advisory with a school supply drive flyer on the front. The winning advisory that has donated the most materials will receive donuts on the first day of next semester.

To help your fellow classmates and families in your community please donate to The Educators Rising School Supply Drive. Lets build our supply pantry so years of students that go through SC can be supplied and ready to learn.