• January 23January 31st - Exams Mods 2 and 4/4A

• January 23January 30th - Mods 1/1B and 3

• January 23January 29th - Mod 1A exam

10 Studying Tips to Help you Ace Your Finals!

Faith Hawkins, Author

It’s that time of year again, that moment every student dreads at the end of each semester, it is time to study for final exams! Learning how to study for final exams deserves and needs special attention. Being that final exams tend to count for about 10% of your grade, it’s in your best interest to really prepare for this stressful time. Thankfully, if you follow these useful tips, you’ll be ready to ace your exams!

1. Create your own study guide – While many teachers provide a study guide, creating your own can help you understand the material better.

2. Ask questions Ask questions regarding what is on the test  so that you’re prepared when exam time arrives.

3. Start early – If you always start ahead of schedule, you’ll never be cramming the night before an exam.

4. Organize a group study session Evaluate whether or not studying with others will be beneficial to the subject as well as your learning process.

5. Study things not on the study guide Use your study guide for its intended purpose: a guide. Be sure to fill in the blanks with related information.

6. Take breaks –  You won’t be able to memorize or comprehend all the material all at once.

7. Stay well-rested – Make sure you’re well-rested so that you can be fully focused during your exams.

8. Create a study schedule and follow it – Splitting the material into chucks you can actually achieve can be very beneficial.

9. Quiz yourself – If you think about and create actual exam questions, you will likely become more familiar with what you need to study.

10. Reorganize your notes – Evaluate and reorganize your notes into what’s important, outlining important concepts, and definitions so they’re easy to understand.

Next week, finals week begins on 1/28 is mod 4B, 1/29 is mod 1A, 1/30 is mod 1B and mod 3, and 1/31 is Mods 2 and 4. Use these tip to get the grades you want and deserve. Good luck and happy finals week!

Faith Hawkins, Author

Hi, my name is Faith Hawkins. I'm a senior at South Carroll High School. I Have played field Hockey and tennis since my Freshman year. This is my first...