SC Weekly Sports Update

Amanda Swank, Editor-in-Chief

Keep scrolling for the latest sports news from South Carroll High School.

10/28 – On Thursday, October 24th, the South Carroll Varsity Cross Country team came in 2nd place at the County Championship Meet.  The top 3 finishers for South Carroll were John Kettula, (3rd place), Brendan Cave (7th place) and Ben Lausch (10th place).  The Junior Varsity Boys received 3rd at the Championship Meet.  The top 3 finishers for South Carroll Boys JV were Blake O’Clery, Brendan Tunkel, and Quinn Greene.  Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country Team!

10/29 – The Cavs Field Hockey Team won 3-0 in last night’s first round playoff game vs Winters Mill.  Kristin Gruber led the way with 2 goals and an assist, while Brooke Moffatt added a goal and Meghan Radnoff added an assist.  The Cavs defense did not allow a shot on goal thanks to a great effort by Campbell Vitek, Kaitlyn O’Neil, Courtney Vasquenza, and Morgan Collins.  Come out to Western Regional Park on Wednesday at 3:30 pm to cheer the Cavs to victory over Liberty.

10/30-10/31 – Come out and support SC Athletic Boosters at our Paint Night at Memories Charcoal House in Mt Airy on Tuesday, November 5, from 6:30-9:30 p.m.  Choose from 125 different stencils to customize your own wooden pallet.  Just $40 per painter.  You can reserve your seat by sending money to friends through PayPal to [email protected] or email [email protected] .  Invite your friends.  Make it a night out. The Cavalier athletes thank you.

11/1 – The Volleyball Tournament is TOMORROW beginning at 10:00 a.m.  If you and your friends want to participate but forgot to sign up, no worries!  Just come to school ready to play – we’ll add you to the bracket!  Drinks and snacks will be available for $1.00 each!